Writing a Thank You Note
Looking for a fresh, fun, and meaningful writing lesson? Try thank you notes!
This three day lesson includes:
- a page of Teacher Notes detailing how to complete the lesson in three days
a simple video lesson about writing thank you notes
the video was created from a short PowerPoint presentation
- a PDF version of the PowerPoint slides
- a roll to write activity which leads the students to write (hilarious) practice thank you notes
- a DIY page to guide the students through writing an original thank you note
- twelve note cards to print on cardstock; your students can use these thank you cards for their final projects
Use the video to teach your students how to write a thank you note. Give them dice and watch them smile their way through writing practice notes. After they've had a chance to practice, give them the opportunity to write a real note (with the intention of giving it to a deserving individual). Then ask students to edit and polish their drafts.
"This was a wonderful resource for teaching a badge about etiquette to students spanning several grades in a scouting group. We did many other activities as well, but this was one of the favorite ones. Thanks!"
This product is digital and includes PDF and MP4 files.